We appreciate that at this time there are many online training courses to choose from and there is a huge variation in the way courses are delivered. When you are booking on any of our courses, we want you to be able to make an informed choice as to the course’s suitability for your learning style and learning objectives, so we would like share a little bit about our ethos.
"The course was amazing! You have put so much effort and thought into creating such a postive online learning experience. Don't feel I missed out on anything by not physically attending, apart from cost of travel and hotel! "
In creating and delivering online courses we want to recreate, as much as possible, all the positive aspects of our in-person courses including the social aspects of physically gathering and learning together as a group of participants. One of our core beliefs is that for genuine understanding and learning to occur the learner needs to be actively engaged in the learning process. Our courses are not going to be suitable for you; if you want to be a passive spectator, or just want to tick a box, or sit half-listening to a webinar with no camera or microphone on.
"Loved the use of breakout rooms and being with the same small group for the entire course. Really helpful to have the drop-in session to pop in and ask you questions"
The following elements will be included in all online courses:
- Zoom orientation session
- Pre course reading and quiz
- Teaching sessions with active participation encouraged from the participants
- Variety of methods and media used to deliver the course material
- Breakout rooms to create a conducive environment for small group work online
- Workshop activities working on scenarios initially then progressing to your own real-life cases/situations
- Drop-in session to have the opportunity to ask questions (recreating the break/lunch time informal interactions at a physical gathering)
- Carefully planned scheduling of sessions to allow sufficient breaks away from the screen
- Chance to see books and resources
- A maximum number of 20 participants
To incorporate all of these above factors, the length of each course has been increased by 50 %. ie 2 day inperson course has become a 3 day online course
"I only have one recommendation for Julia to improve in her presentation....continue doing what you're doing!! "
Mental Health Practitioner
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like any further information.